Search This Blog

Monday 22 October 2012

Landed with Projects

It is said that 'TY is a year where projects are plentiful' and to my surprise this fact is true. I have been landed with so many new and exciting projects I didn't know where to start. Jumping from a year of tough study in third year to a more independent way of learning in TY is quite difficult. Sometimes I feel myself thinking 'I wish I had an essay or some exam papers to do'. Almost immediately after this crazy thought enters my mind it soon leaves. I then remember all the projects and fun thing's that TY brings with it. 

       TY is also said to be a 'doss' year but I disagree completely , although it has only been eight weeks in I feel that this year is more intense than last year. Last year everything was simple , do homework , study , exams. This year we are set with tasks such as Sci-fest , Junk Kouture , Geography Virtual Trip Around the World , History/English/Religion PowerPoint's , Spanish/Science and maths posters. Most of the work we are set is independent based and teaches us to be very organised and punctual.


            I have done so much work already in TY. I have chosen to visit France , Madagascar , Peru , Croatia , Mexico and Australia for my Virtual Trip around the world in Geography. This is a slow and time consuming project as you have to explore each country and find out a lot of information about each. I have also completed a PowerPoint about Millennium development goal 3 - To promote Gender Equality and Empower women , for religion and a PowerPoint exploring my favourite scene in a movie , for English.I made a poster for maths about the importance of maths in sport (camogie). I also made a poster for Spanish and science , about the summary of my favourite movie in Spanish and about gold in Science.

No comments:

Post a Comment